Each topic is written with the assumption you have read the topic levels before it. If there are abbreviations or concepts you do not understand. Please start at Level 1 and work your way back to the subject you are looking for.
This by no means a full and comprehensive study of all subject matter. We offer this as a source to help you better maintain your landscapes and perhaps as a method to help identify qualified service professionals when the time comes. We believe a knowledgeable consumer is an empowered consumer.
Nota Bene: This is a project underway and may not be complete for some time. Also, information can change as new advancements in science and technology come forward.
Level 2 Education
- Soils - Understanding Soil Analysis Reports I
- Soil/ Water Interactions
- Fertilizers - Organics vs Inorganics
- Fertilizers - Understanding Blends
- Fertilizers - From Soil Analysis to Fertilizer Plan
- Fertilizers - When and How to Use Fertigation
- Pesticides - BMP's and intro to IPM
- Water Features - Water Plants
- Water Features - Managing for Health Fish
- Landscape Elements
- Turf Cultivar Selection and NTEP reports
- Turf Care - Pushing to the Extremes
- Turf Care - Aeration
- Turf Diseases
- Flowers and Ground Covers - Going Native
- Tree and Shrub Diseases
- Cold Tolerant Palm Trees
- Managing pH
- Hardscape Elements