Welcome to our education pages. This by no means a full and comprehensive study of all subject matter. We offer this as a source to help you better maintain your landscapes and perhaps as a method to help identify qualified service professionals when the time comes. We believe a knowledgeable consumer is an empowered consumer.
Nota Bene: This is a project underway and may not be complete for some time. Also, information can change as new advancements in science and technology come forward.
Level 1 Education
- Elements of Design - Color, Shape, Form and Texture
- Soils - Understanding the Basics
- Soils - Structural Demands and Limitations for Hardscapes and Construction
- Soils - For Healthy Landscapes
- Irrigation and Water - Water is not wet, and far more complicated than we understand.
- Fertilizers - Selection and use (granular vs foliar)
- Pesticides - Basic Concepts
- Pesticides - Understanding Safety and Environment
- Landscape Elements
- Turf Species Selection
- Turf Care - Basics
- Turf Care - Cutting Edge Management (All about mowing)
- Flowers and Ground Covers
- Tree and Shrub Selection
- Tree Care
- Water Features
- Caring for Your Hardscape Elements